BishopstonBRFC next up
1) When did you become a Gashead and why? 1999. Mum bought me a season ticket aged 10 and have had one ever since.
2) What is your opinion on the season so far? Massively over achieving. I’d have been more than happy with mid table finish but I’m pleased we’ve still got loads to play for during the run in.
3) Best moment(s) of this season so far? Oxford away for me.
4) Worst moment(s) of this season so far? Newport at home. Enough said.
5) Do you expect any arrivals before the loan window shuts and IF you could bring in a player or two, who (realistically) would you opt for? To be honest DC gives nothing away so who knows? I’d like to see another winger as we seem to do better playing 442.
6) What is your opinion of Darrell Clarke now he has been in charge for nearly two years? Exactly what we’ve wanted for years. Not afraid to.make big decisions or change things early on if the game isn’t going to plan. Seems very down to earth and it’s clear that he’s created a great dressing room atmosphere.
7) Early days I know, but what is your opinion on Wael Al-Qadi? I’m a little nervous to be honest. He’s saying all the right things but if he’s got as much money as people say then he may be far less patient than our previous owners. I hope he doesn’t get involved with first team activities as we’ve seen it time and again with some of these foreign owners at Cardiff and Leeds.
and Steve Hamer so far?Couldn’t really comment. Seemed to say the right things in interview.
8) What do you expect from the new owners and if you could give them one bit of advice what would it be? I hope for rather than expect a whole raft of things. A new stadium would be nice but just to see the club ran properly in manners such as the commercial side and actively interact with fans would make such a difference. We have so many fans with good ideas that have either been turned down or just ignored by the previous board which is quite frankly ridiculous considering how poor a job they were doing.
9) If you could have one thing from the new owners, what (realistically) would it be? Stadium 100%
10) Now Nick Higgs has gone, what is your opinion on his reign as Chairman? A shambles. No doubting he is a Gashead but we only went one way with him. Debts have risen. There seemed to be a ‘them and us’ culture. I thank him for his efforts with regards to UWE and if it comes off then he will have partly redeemed himself buy we desperately needed a change.
11) Where do you see us in 10 years time? Hopefully the Championship but knowing Rovers we’re just as likely to be back in the Conference.
12) Favourite current player? Lee Brown/Lee Mansell
13) Favourite former player/s? Tough one as I’ve mostly witnessed dross in my time. The 07 Promotion team were brilliant so it’s a toss up between Lescott, Elliot and Disley.
14) If you were stuck on a desert island with one person who would you most and least like it to be? Bear Grylls for obvious reasons and least like Daniella Radice.
15) And finally, have you looked where Jordan is on the map? I knew where it was anyway.
Please get in touch if you would like to take part in the interviews email@example.com, Thanks