The third interview is Hugo The Elder
1) When did you become a Gashead and why?
1991! Yes, I missed THAT season. Started supporting Rovers after bumping into an old school mate who was a gashead in Bath one afternoon and we just decided to go along to a game.
2) What is your opinion on the season so far?
I was looking for a decent mid table finish maybe 12 or up to 10th. Didn’t expect to be anywhere near the play offs!
3) Best moment(s) of this season so far? Pretty difficult to beat the Xmas period for me. Those handful of games really set up our season.
4) Worst moment(s) of this season so far? In all honesty we have exceeded my expectations, so I’d have to say moderating a forum in the weeks leading up to the take over was particularly unpleasant!
5) Do you expect any arrivals before the loan window shuts and IF you could bring in a player or two, who (realistically) would you opt for?
I’d be surprised if we don’t bring in new faces. I’m not seeing enough from our creative midfielders at the moment but I think DC will stick with Lines and Lawrence. I’d bring in a winger, a left back as cover, a creative midfielder and forward assuming budget is no longer a problem.
6) What is your opinion of Darrell Clarke now he has been in charge for nearly two years?
I believe he’s one of the brightest young managers in the lower leagues. I really don’t see another manager I wish was ours. His ability to read a game and make changes is possibly the best I’ve seen in my time watching Rovers. He is still a bit rough around the edges but he has improved each season and its clear he runs a tight ship.
7) Early days I know, but what is your opinion on Wael Al-Qadi
and Steve Hammer so far?
So far he has said all the right things but for every Abramovotch there is a Tann so let’s see which we’ve got. My feet are firmly on the ground.
8) What do you expect from the new owners and if you could give them one bit of advice what would it be?
Keep the name. Keep the shirt. Keep DC. Don’t price me and my boy out of the game.
9) If you could have one thing from the new owners, what (realistically) would it be?
Sustainable progress. I guess that’s several things! A ground and an academy.
10) Now Nick Higgs has gone, what is your opinion on his reign as Chairman?
We were in the top half of L1 and reasonably comfortable financially when he took over. We wound up in the conference after many years at the bottom of L2 and in debt. I think that speaks for itself and doesnt need comment from me.
11) Where do you see us in 10 years time. Blimey! Really no idea. I guess most of us would accept championship football by then right ? Am I aiming too high or too low there ?
12) Favourite current player? Lockyer. Mansell. Sinclair. Browner. Pick just one? Lockyer.
13) Favourite former player/s? Elliott. Walters. Hayles. Mauge. Yes, I said Mauge….
14) If you were stuck on a desert island with one person who would you most and least like it to be?
The most? My 7yr old son. I couldn’t live without him.
The least? My son. I wouldn’t want him to make the same mistakes I have! It’s bad enough ive made him a gashead! That said, its looking like he may not have 25yrs of crap like I have so far! His first season ticket ended with a trip to Wembley so he thinks we are brilliant!
15) And finally, have you looked where Jordan is on the map? Lol, no I knew where it is!